IAC Acoustics manufactures noise control solutions to the mining industry, primarily focused on:
- Noise treatment of OEM equipment to meet mine specifications
- Design, testing and investigation
- Exhaust systems
- Acoustic panels
- Acoustic lining
- Thermal insulation blankets / wraps
- Proven performance on the most noise restrictive mines in across the world
- Aftermarket supply of thermal insulation (many OEM patterns readily available)
IAC Acoustics can provide varied services for mining applications including simple secondary silencers or engine compartment lining. We also offer solutions for individual machinery, with the use of acoustic modelling and noise intensity surveys, to achieve acoustic targets.
We have designed and supplied acoustic treatment to almost all types and sizes of above ground mining machinery, including:
- Primary and secondary exhaust silencers to suit a fleet of 320 tonne haul trucks allowing then to meet their overall sound power as well as frequency spectrum requirements.
- Full Acoustic Treatment to fleet of 190 tonne haul trucks by creating acoustic models to help design and predict acoustic treatment to lower the sound power levels.
- IAC Acoustics was responsible for lowering the sound power level to meet the contract specification for a 30m3 excavator.
- Acoustic treatment of a 16m3 excavator including sound intensity survey with an acoustic model of the machine
- IAC Acoustics designed, fabricated and installed an acoustic package for a 25 tonne wheeled loader